Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Karate Kid

All in all, I think if you haven't written this movie off already without seeing it, you definitely need to check it out! It is sure to grab your heart, mind, and soul and take it on a wonderful coaster ride!

Personally, I don't understand why so many people dislike this movie so much. First, the acting is definitely great, and nothing short of that. Jaden has so many of his fathers mannerisms and his attitude is a major reflection of Wills great success. Chan brings to much passion and emotion to the screen, it's as if he was born to perform this way!

The cinematography is like eye candy, and enhances the experience in every way. Not being a big fan of the original, I thought this remake did a fantastic job captivating me and drawing me in to the characters and the story. Obviously it's your ordinary story-line, but in todays industry where just about everything has been done, the necessary flare was brought about that made it very original. The fight scenes definitely had me going "holy ***" inside, and had my heart pounding! With all this, the script itself was also very strong, and was complimented very well by those playing the roles.

Jaden Smith ... Dre Parker
Jackie Chan ... Mr. Han
Taraji P. Henson ... Sherry Parker
Rongguang Yu ... Master Li


The Karate Kid